Location: Lower Mainland Vancouver
Job Type: Full time
Wage Type: Hourly
Maintenance personnel make sure that Cascadia's buildings show pride of ownership and respect for our residents, by ensuring that the buildings are maintained, in good repair, at all times.
- Minor repairs and maintenance including minor carpentry, changing/replacing locks, changing, all in-suite repairs and maintenance requests, replacing closet doors, securing drawers and cabinets, fixing drywall, touch ups and painting, caulking where required, and flooring repairs, prepare and maintain suites for turnover to new tenants.
- Minor plumbing, replacing P-traps, U-pipes, cartridges for tubs, replacing toilets, toilet wax seals and repairs, faucet systems, sinks, for all suites and common areas, un-plug toilets.
Minor electrical repairs, replacement and repairs of light fixtures, light bulbs, ballasts replacements and upgrades, replace or fix fuses, range fans.
Mechanical issues including trouble-shooting and maintaining all aspects of HVAC heating and cooling units, maintenance of sump pumps, ventilator units, exhaust fans, heat pump units etc, inspection of boiler rooms, check boiler operation & make record in a report.
Minor Balcony repairs, and fence maintenance and repairs, exterior touch ups and paintings as required.
Ensuring proper storage of equipment, cleaning of or unplugging drains and gutters when and as needed.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
Landscaping in support of landscaping personnel.
Provide holiday coverage for maintenance duties at other buildings and provide holiday cover for Resident Manager at your assigned building.
All other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Able to work independently, is a self-starter and takes pride in a job well done.
- Prior Experience doing building maintenance and manual labor both indoors and outdoors.
- Proven ability to work productively and safely while under pressure, with good time management.
- Good customer service skills and pleasant demeanor.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to provide on call, after hours coverage.