Grounds Keepers make sure that Cascadia's buildings show pride of ownership and respect for our residents, by ensuring that the grounds and buildings are maintained, in good repair, with pleasant curb appeal.
- Ensuring safety of common areas, and complying with Cascadia's Health and Safety requirements
- Maintain lawns, shrubs, and trees flower beds
- Includes pruning, raking, mowing grass, fertilizing, weeding control
- Weed and maintain flower beds, including planting if required
- Clean up of leaves and tree debris and maintenance of grounds free of debris
- Snow removal and ice control from all entrances/exits and walkways as required when necessary.
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Assisting site maintenance and cleaning personnel when and if the need arises
- Resident Services and assistance as required and maintaining good resident relations
- Assisting with the implementation of preventative maintenance programs
- Other duties relating to upkeep of buildings and grounds as assigned
- Maintenance of yard and parkade/parking lot
- Prior landscaping experience required
- The position requires someone who is able to work independently, is a self-starter and takes pride in a job well done
- Previous experience working outdoors doing manual labor, in diverse weather conditions is required
- Proven ability to work productively and safely while under pressure, with good time management
- Good customer service skills and pleasant demeanor
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.